Firstly nearly all of us will suffer from occasional headaches, some more than others.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has defined the structures responsible:
- The Neck
- The Scalp Muscles
- The Brain Covering Sheath
Secondly, did you know…
Chiropractic treatment can help chronic headaches. According to a study carried out in North America, Europe and Australia approximately 10% of all chiropractic patients attend for the treatment of headaches.
Thirdly causes of headaches can be…
- Dysfunction of the joints in the neck
- Physical Trauma
- Emotional Stress
- Nutritional imbalance
- Visual Strain
However sometimes in rare cases, headaches and migraines, can be a sign of more serious problems. So if you suffer from recurrent or chronic headaches it is often good to seek professional advice.
Lastly, did you know…
People can get two types of headaches;
- The first of which is tension headaches. These are caused by cramps or spasm in the muscles surrounding the skull.
- The second are neck (cervicogenic) headaches. These are caused by problems of the joints and muscles in the neck referring the pain into the head.
How does chiropractic treatment help? Chiropractors will use a variety of specific manipulation or adjustment techniques in order to stretch, relax, mobilise the neck joints, strengthen the neck muscles and remove any spinal irritation or tension.
- Fed Up With Headaches? How Your Chiropractor Can Help
- How Are Migraines Different From Headaches, And How Should You Treat Them?
- 5 Effective Migraine Treatments You Need to Know About
- Pills Are Not Always Necessary
- FAQs for Those New to Visiting the Chiropractor